Terence Colton was the son of James and Mary Colton. Terence was born about 1894. Private Terence Colton was serving with the 1st/4th Battalion of the Northumberland Fusiliers when he died on 26 October 1917. He was 23 years old. Private Colton is commemorated on St Calvary War Memorial, St. Michael's R.C. Church, Esh Laude. Esh Laude is 2 miles west of Durham Town, Co Durham. Employment in the Esh collieries peaked with around 870 men employed just prior to World War. Itís possible Terence was working as a miner before enlisting. The CWGC records Terence Colton as the son of James and Mary Colton, of Minneveigh, Dungannon, Co. Tyrone.
Poelcapelle British Cemetery is located 10 Kms north-east of Ieper town centre on the Brugseweg (N313), a road connecting Ieper to Brugge. Two streets connect Ieper town centre onto the Brugseweg; Torhoutstraat leads from the market square onto the Kalfvaartstraat. At the end of Kalfvaartstraat is a large junction on which Brugseweg is the first right hand turning.
The cemetery itself lies 10 Kms along the Brugseweg on the right hand side of the road after passing through the village of Poelkapelle.