William Milligan was the son of Thomas and Sarah Ann Milligan. William was born in Donaghenry, Stewartstown, County Tyrone about 1897. By 1911 the family were living in Milltown, Dungannon and William had left school and was working as a Telegram boy. William Milligan originally enlisted with the 9th Battalion of the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers. Private Milligan was wounded at the Somme. It seems Private Milligan re-enlisted with the 1st Battalion of the Machine Gun Corps (Infantry). Corporal William Milligan died on 7th June 1917. He was 20 years old.
Voormezeele Enclosure No.3 is located 4 Kms south-west of Ieper town centre on the Ruusschaartstraat, a road leading from the Kemmelseweg (connecting Ieper to Kemmel N331). From Ieper town centre the Kemmelseweg is reached via the Rijselsestraat, through the Lille Gate (Rijselpoort) and straight on towards Armentieres (N365). 900 metres after the crossroads is the right hand turning onto the Kemmelseweg (made prominent by a railway level crossing).
Turn right onto the Kemmelseweg and follow this road to the first crossroads, turn left here into Ruusschaartstraat. The Cemetery is located 1 Km after this junction on the left hand side of the road just before Voormezeele Dorp.